[Live-devel] Final Question

barounis at ceid.upatras.gr barounis at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Jul 25 09:34:55 PDT 2006

Αρχικό μήνυμα από  Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com>:

> >I would like to have the ability to stop and then play another file
> >during the
> >same session RTSPServer from the RTSP server side. This means that I have
> >call the MediaSink::stopPlaying or the destructor ~Mediasink().
>
> Just the former.  Because you want to keep the RTP session intact,
> you should *not* close the (RTP)Sink object.
>
> To change the input source for a running stream, you should do the
> following, in order:
>
>          sink->stopPlaying();
>          Medium::close(oldSource);
>          create newSource
>          sink->startPlaying(newSource, ...);
>

> 	Ross Finlayson
> 	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
> 	<http://www.live555.com/>

Hello Ross,
First I would like to thank you for all the help you have given to me so far
and I really appreciate it as I am almost near to finish my master thesis.

I have one last question to ask you concerning the plan of the code you have
given to me as I don't want to bother anymore..

Before the stopPlaying() I would like the RTSPServer to have the ability to
know the exact time or frame of the video that has been played so far. After
creating the new source and before the play() I would like the RTSPServer to
make a seek() and then continue the streaming from the time or the frame of the
new video file.

This is my last question....

Can you please tell me how am I going to implement this?

Thanks for everything
Best regards