[Live-devel] testRelay

Silvije silvije.milisic at carnet.hr
Thu Jun 1 00:42:58 PDT 2006

Ross Finlayson wrote:
>> I am using testRelay to relay multicast from one network to another.
>> I have PC with two network cards, each in different network.
>>
>> Multicast source is relayed but there is problem: Total multicast
>> bitrate of source is about 20 Mbps and when it is relayed it grows up to
>>   100 Mbps..
>>
>> This is very bad.. is there some kind of a bug?
>
> No, but have you modfied the "testRelay.cpp" code?

yes, i have modified source address and port and also
destination address and port

my source is 239.255.255.1:12345
and destination 239.255.255.10:12345

  I suspect that
> you have changed the destination multicast address to be the same as
> the incoming multicast address.  Don't do this - it will cause
> outgoing multicast packets to get 'looped back' and re-transmitted
> (ad infinitum).

I did not such thing. And output to destination on different network
interfce is done by applying static route into routing table.

Thanx,
Silvije