[Live-devel] [live-devel] Read from diffrent input

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 5 11:14:58 PDT 2006

>Currently I am working on a player which will be able to decode
>television in the DVB-H standard. I think that your library would be
>suitable for my solution. I have only one problem. I need that the
>source of RTP frames won't be from the network layer of OS but from
>my own stream. I demux transport stream and select out the mpe
>section in which is IP/UDP/RTP datagrams.
>May you give me some hint, or it is possible to do that by use your
>library. Which functions shall I concentrate on ??

Unfortunately the "LIVE555 Streaming Media" libraries are not well
set up to handle input from 'synthetic' RTP sources (rather than real
network interfaces).  (This is due to a design flaw in the code; it
will be fixed someday.)

In the meantime, if you really want to try to do this with the
existing code, I suggest looking at modifying the implementation of
the "RTPInterface" class (in partiocular, in the way that it asks
for, and handles, new incoming RTP packets).

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>