[Live-devel] stopPlaying()

barounis at ceid.upatras.gr barounis at ceid.upatras.gr
Tue Jun 13 03:30:52 PDT 2006

> >I would like to have the ability to stop and then play another file
> >during the
> >same session RTSPServer from the RTSP server side. This means that I have
> >call the MediaSink::stopPlaying or the destructor ~Mediasink().
>
> Just the former.  Because you want to keep the RTP session intact,
> you should *not* close the (RTP)Sink object.
>
> To change the input source for a running stream, you should do the
> following, in order:
>
>          sink->stopPlaying();
>          Medium::close(oldSource);
>          create newSource
>          sink->startPlaying(newSource, ...);

Hello,

There is a basic question I would like to ask. Concerning the above and the
ability to stop and play another file, which is the best class (file of the
source code) where I should implement this code ?

Currently I am trying implementing this code in the
RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() examining the RTCP report packets sent by
the client, but I'am afraid of having problems concerning the scope and the
ability of communication between classes and objects.

Would it be easy to try to implement the above code on the
RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() function or this must be done somewhere
else ?

Thank you very much
Best regards