[Live-devel] stopPlaying()

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Jun 13 12:26:09 PDT 2006

>There is a basic question I would like to ask. Concerning the above and the
>ability to stop and play another file, which is the best class (file of the
>source code) where I should implement this code ?
>
>Currently I am trying implementing this code in the
>RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() examining the RTCP report
>packets sent by
>the client, but I'am afraid of having problems concerning the scope and the
>ability of communication between classes and objects.
>
>Would it be easy to try to implement the above code on the
>RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() function or this must be done somewhere
>else ?

I don't recommend modifying the supplied library code, if you don't
have to (because that makes it difficult to upgrade to newer versions
of the library code).

In your case, I suggest using a separate "RTCP RR handler function"
that gets called each time a new RTCP "RR" packet arrives, and using
the "RTCPInstance::setRRHandler()" function to register it.

(See "liveMedia/include/RTCP.hh")

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>