[Live-devel] Groupsock handling in OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.cpp

David BERTRAND bidibulle at operamail.com
Mon Jun 19 05:09:02 PDT 2006

Ross,

> (I'm a bit worried that changing the order that
> "setsockopt(SO_REUSE...)" and "bind()" is done might prevent pairs of
> applications like "testMP3Streamer" and "testMP3Receiver" from
> working together on the same (Unix) host - if started in either
> order.  So please test for that also.)
Actually each time a Groupsock is created with a preferred port in
constructor, I should add an error handling mechanism in case the
port is already used. So the task will be difficult and quite
risky. So, as I really need to have the possibility to use free
ports only and I see there is no big interest for this for the
existing library, I made a small patch to GroupsockHelper.ccp that
test a compilation flag called DONOTREUSEPORT before seting
SO_REUSE_ADDR and SO_REUSE_PORT. So, the whole livemedia code won't
be impacted at all (default is false of course) and the feature can
be simply activated if required by adding this flag in the
Makefile(s).
David