[Live-devel] Groupsock handling in OnDemandServerMediaSubsession.cpp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 19 11:15:02 PDT 2006

> > If there is (although I, personally, have never
> > seen the current code fail), then perhaps the best solution would be
> > to have a special new Groupsock constructor just for this case: I.e.,
> > for creating one that ends up using an arbitrary, but even-numbered
> > port.
> > This special new constructor could then omit setting the
> > SO_REUSE_* flags, if that's necessary to make it work (although I'm
> > not convinced of that either).
>This is indeed an alternative to the compilation option. Actually,
>it would be a new constructor with reuseFlag in argument (default
>value = 1) and would allow to ask for a specific port number, and to
>get only if it is free. I can provide this new patch to
>GroupsockHelper class if agreed.

Yes, please do.  One of my long-planned goals for our RTSP server
implementation has been to select ports from a small range of
'allowable' port numbers (just as DSS, Helix, etc. already do) - to
make firewalling easier.  This change will help make that possible.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>