[Live-devel] Compile issues on OSX 10.4.6 4.0.1

Brian Raymond braymond at echostorm.net
Mon Jun 19 21:07:54 PDT 2006

I didn't have a lot of time to chase down what the root cause of this
was but I was having the following issue on OSX 10.4.6 with GCC 4.0.1

RTSPServer.cpp: In member function 'void
RTSPServer::incomingConnectionHandler1()':
RTSPServer.cpp:212: error: invalid conversion from 'int*' to
'socklen_t*'
RTSPServer.cpp:212: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'int
accept(int, sockaddr*, socklen_t*)'

Casting the parameter to "(socklen_t*)" in all of the code using
SOCKLEN_T solves the problem, HTTPSink.cpp, RTSPServer.cpp,
GroupSockHelper.cpp. I didn't send a patch because I didn't want to
assume that's the way it should be given my use of OSX with 4.0.1 (I'm
battling a couple of GCC bugs with Apple right now so there are some
issues :) ).