[Live-devel] RTCP RR Handler function

barounis at ceid.upatras.gr barounis at ceid.upatras.gr
Wed Jun 21 07:24:45 PDT 2006

> >There is a basic question I would like to ask. Concerning the above and the
> >ability to stop and play another file, which is the best class (file of the
> >source code) where I should implement this code ?
> >
> >Currently I am trying implementing this code in the
> >RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() examining the RTCP report
> >packets sent by
> >the client, but I'am afraid of having problems concerning the scope and the
> >ability of communication between classes and objects.
> >
> >Would it be easy to try to implement the above code on the
> >RTPTransmissionStats::noteIncomingRR() function or this must be done
> somewhere
> >else ?
>
> I don't recommend modifying the supplied library code, if you don't
> have to (because that makes it difficult to upgrade to newer versions
> of the library code).
>
> In your case, I suggest using a separate "RTCP RR handler function"
> that gets called each time a new RTCP "RR" packet arrives, and using
> the "RTCPInstance::setRRHandler()" function to register it.
>
> (See "liveMedia/include/RTCP.hh")
>

>To change the input source for a running stream, you should do the
>following, in order:

 >        sink->stopPlaying();
 >        Medium::close(oldSource);
 >        create newSource
>	sink->startPlaying(newSource, ...);

Hello Ross,

concerning the above code I should write, and the handler function, I would like
to ask the following two questions:

Which is the class that the "RTCP RR handler function" must belong to ?

Could you give me a bit explanation about how I should register the "RTCP RR
handler function" with the "RTCPInstance::setRRHandler()" ?

Many thanks
Best regards