[Live-devel] ffmpeg and live.com

Torsten Spindler spindler at arch.ethz.ch
Thu Jun 22 00:06:54 PDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 15:04 -0700, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> >MLT -> udp unicast -> testRelay -> multicast -> VLC
>
> The "testRelay" demo application receives a *multicast* stream.  It
> will (probably) not work if you try to feed it a unicast stream.

Works fine for me, there seems to be no problem using 127.0.0.1 3344 for
input and a multicast for output. I merely changed the input|output
AddressStr and input|output Port to take arguments via command line.

> Note: We're not "live.com" anymore.

Sorry, live555.com.

> It should not be necessary to 'patch' FFMPEG at all - it already
> works just fine, as far as I can tell.

It works in the above outlined ways, for sure!

> However, if you want to use
> it to generate a "FramedSource" subclass for delivering encoded data,
> then you will need to write new code (using the "LIVE555 Streaming
> Media" libraries) that does this.  Read the FAQ.

After reading the FAQ I thought that there are some chances that someone
has already coupled ffmpeg with live555.com in this way. Guess I'll have
to take a closer look on how to do this ...

Bye,
Torsten