[Live-devel] testMPEG2TransportStreamer to Amino STB

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Jun 25 11:18:12 PDT 2006

>Is there not a way to use Live555 for unicast UDP streaming? In the
>testMPEG2TransportStreamer.cpp source code I find this:
>
>   // Note: This is a multicast address.  If you wish to stream using
>   // unicast instead, then replace this string with the unicast address
>   // of the (single) destination.  (You may also need to make a similar
>   // change to the receiver program.)

This will work, but only because this demo application does not - by
default - have a built-in RTSP server.  If you enable the built-in
RTSP server, then you  won't be able to use it (i.e., using a
"rtsp://" URL) to receive the unicast stream.

However, as I've noted before, the "testOnDemandRTSPServer"
application *does* allow you to stream (via unicast) to an Amino STB
(provided that you enter the appropriate "rtsp://" URL).  This works;
I suggest you use it.

(OTOH, I don't recommend trying to use the Amino STB without entering
a "rtsp://" URL.  You might be able to get this to work, but it's not
the proper way to access a/v streams using a media player client.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>