[Live-devel] testMPEG2TransportStreamer to Amino STB

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Jun 26 07:09:14 PDT 2006

At 12:49 AM 6/26/2006, you wrote:
>So what you are saying is that VLC and live555 does not do udp unicast
>and multicast the same way, and even though it works with VLC, it will
>not work with the current live555?

No, I am saying just that the *testMPEG2TransportStreamer*
application does not stream using UDP unicast, and cannot be modified
to do so without significant changes.  If you really want to do this,
however, then
- look at
"MPEG2TransportFileServerMediaSubsession::createNewStreamSource()"
for hints on how to create the input source, and
- for the output sink, create a "BasicUDPSink" rather than a "RTPSink"

Alternatively, as I have explained before, you could just use the
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" application, as is.  I don't know why you
don't want to use RTSP, because it is the best way to get what you
want.  (Because of this (and because you have an unprofessional email
address), I won't be giving you any more assistance with your problem.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>