[Live-devel] streaming jpeg/mjpeg

Mon Mar 13 16:59:01 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-12 at 17:56 -0800, Ross Finlayson wrote:
> >I need to stream "pictures" and i need to use RTP PT 26 (RFC2435), i saw
> >some support for that in live, but it seems to only be the receiving
> >end ?
>
> No, there is also support for sending JPEG/RTP streams.
>
> >  Is there a (simple :-) way to read a jpg image file and stream
> >that with rtp ? Same question for a mjpeg file with a few images in it.
>
> You can do this, but not trivially.

Well the Q problem i solved by just forcing the images with a specified
Q factor, i needed to convert non jpg images to jpg anyway.

Now i am fighting with the type field, which can be 0 or 64, depending
on if there is the need for a restart marker header. But i didn't really
find out if I (in the doGetNextFrame() method) have to create that
Restart Marker Header or if the live library uses the type() method to
somehow create the header, like it does with the Main Header. I have the
feeling i have to create that header cause in ethereal the Restart
Marker Header just looks wrong.

TIAA (Thanks In Advance Again :-)

Erwin