[Live-devel] modify the code to multiple threads

Stas Desyatnlkov stas at mer.co.il
Tue Mar 14 08:40:31 PST 2006

Hi,

Why would you want to use multiple threads on live ? I suspect you might
have a design problem.

Live employs standard heartbeat algorithm and thus is much easier to
manage and debug.

By introducing multithreading you will have to wrap the thread code into
some cross platform library (ACE come to mind) if you want the library
to compile on multiple platforms.

If you will describe what you try to accomplish then maybe someone can
explain how it is done without multithreading.

Regards,

Stas.

  _____