[Live-devel] The total received frame size exceeds the client's buffer size

Tilouche Khaled kall_tiller at yahoo.fr
Thu Mar 16 03:13:49 PST 2006

                        Hi Ross,

 as we see the error show up in the class MultiFramedRTPSource in fact it is my inputSource of type FramedSource used for my server.

 « MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds the client's buffer size (156).  1280 bytes of trailing data will be dropped! »

if (fNumTruncatedBytes > 0) {         envir() << "MultiFramedRTPSource::doGetNextFrame1(): The total received frame size exceeds the client's buffer size ("                 << fSavedMaxSize << ").  "                 << fNumTruncatedBytes << " bytes of trailing data will be dropped!\n";  }due to this peace of code ****************************************************************************
 Since am developing a relay so am supposed to get the data from the streamer device and then serving it again into another machine.

 So basicly to do so am using the ServerMediaSession and  the OnDemandServerMediaSubsession
 for sure the inputSource is filled up with the FramedSource coming from the MediaSession class

fReadSource = fRTPSource           = MPEG4ESVideoRTPSource::createNew(env(), fRTPSocket,                                              fRTPPayloadFormat,                                              fRTPTimestampFrequency);
 So as you see there is no FileSink receiver in my software structure the sink i am using is the one used in that serving class RTPSink created using the method

RTPSink * MPEG4ESVideoServerMediaSubsession::createNewRTPSink(Groupsock* rtpGroupsock, unsigned char rtpPayloadTypeIfDynamic) {   return MPEG4ESVideoRTPSink::createNew(envir(), rtpGroupsock, rtpPayloadTypeIfDynamic); }
 MPEG4ESVideoServerMediaSubsession is  designed in the same way then  MPEG4VideoFileServerMediaSubsession except it is not supporting Files but live FramedSources. Still now the RTPSink is of type MediaSink and contain a parameter called  maxSize unsigned OutPacketBuffer::maxSize = 60000; // by default Infact  i suspect it is the origin of troubles. is it the parameter am supposed to change? Knowing i dont use any other types of sinks in my system cause i don wanna put my stream into a file since am streaming it live. I ve tryed to increase it a bit nothing happens...still getting the same troubles.  could you please help me to get a higher client buffer in my case .  Thanks a lot for your help.