[Live-devel] Frame Size for I,P,B Frames

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 16 07:57:59 PST 2006

> >> i would like to find out the frame size for I,B & P frames for the
>video I am transmitting.

You could do this in the code of whatever 'framer' object you are
feeding into your "MPEG1or2VideoRTPSink".

If your input MPEG source consists of discrete frames (e.g., coming
from an encoder), then you can just use a "MPEG1or2VideoStreamDiscreteFramer".

If, however, your video source is an unstructured byte stream (e.g.,
from a file, or 'stdin'), then you must use a
"MPEG1or2AudioStreamFramer" (which is more complicated, because it
has to parse a byte stream).

In either case, the code for your "*Framer" object will tell you the
size of frame, and what type it is.  You're going to have to figure
this out for yourself, though...

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>