[Live-devel] How to rescale the session during streaming

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 16 23:22:31 PST 2006

>I want to ask a question about how to rescale the
>session in RTSP Client during streaming?
>can I only call the function playMediaSession(
>p_session, -1, -1, scale_factor )?

Yes, the "scale" parameter to "RTSPClient::playMediaS(ubs)ession()"
indicates the requested 'trick play' scale factor.  (Numbers > 0 mean
'forward play'; numbers < 0 mean 'reverse play'.)

Of course, this works only if the server supports it.  Many (if not
most) servers do not support "scale"s other than 1.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>