[Live-devel] Cannot compile GroupsockHelper.cpp on cygwin

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Sun Mar 26 10:30:23 PST 2006

At 07:37 AM 3/26/2006, you wrote:
>I cannot compile GroupsockHelper.cpp on cygwin on Windows XP SP2.
>
>Here is my sample run
>EJ at asus /usr/local/live
>$ genMakefiles cygwin
>
>EJ at asus /usr/local/live
>$ make
>cd groupsock ; make
>make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/live/groupsock'
>c++ -c -Iinclude -I../UsageEnvironment/include -I. -O -DSOCKLEN_T=socklen_t
>-Wall -DBSD=1 GroupsockHelper.cpp
>GroupsockHelper.cpp: In function `Boolean
>socketJoinGroupSSM(UsageEnvironment&, int, netAddressBits, netAddressBits)':
>GroupsockHelper.cpp:477: error: aggregate `ip_mreq_source imr' has
>incomplete type and cannot be defined

Look at line 453 (and following) of
"GroupsockHelper.cpp".  Apparently you have an #include file
somewhere that defines "IP_ADD_SOURCE_MEMBERSHIP", but which doesn't
also define the associated "ip_mreq_source" structure.

That shouldn't happen; something is broken about your #include files.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>