[Live-devel] Save an sdp Stream to file

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Mar 29 08:28:08 PST 2006

>The machine where I’m running openRTSP also
>isn’t behind a firewall that could be preventing
>the RTCP packets from arriving so it seems the
>problem is with DSS not sending the RTCP packets.
>
>There is no way of making a synchronous
>recording without the use of the –y option which
>needs the RTCP packets from DSS, right?

That's correct.  You will *never* get audio/video
synchronization (except perhaps by accident) if
you're not receiving RTCP packets.

You're going to have to figure out elsewhere why
your DSS is not working properly.  But remember,
you don't *need* to use a DSS; we have our own
RTSP server implementation that works better.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>