[Live-devel] Non Blocking doGetNextFrame

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Mar 30 17:09:45 PST 2006

>In a current school project I am using FFMPEG and LIVE to stream an
>MPEG-4 stream. As each component is connected with Buffers, the
>doGetNextFrame retrieves the next frame to send from there. If no frame
>exists NULL is returned.
>
>If within the doGetNextFrame function there is a loop such that it
>waits for a non null value (Polling the buffer), everything streams
>okay with high CPU loads. What I would like to do is make this a non
>Blocking piece of code as is suggested by the comments in FramedSource.

Basically, you need to make the arrival of new data an 'event', and
process it within the event loop.

Without knowing more about how your data arrives, it's hard to say
more.  But the following answer (from last November) should help you:
http://lists.live555.com/pipermail/live-devel/2005-November/003543.html

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>