[Live-devel] Limits of the LIVE555 lib / Getting status information

ECU Laboratories eculabs at gmx.net
Wed May 3 06:38:24 PDT 2006

Hi,

(sorry for bothering again...)
any experience with stress tests on the live555 library? In particular
I'm interested
how many clients a single instance of onDemandRTSPServer can handle.
Say the server is linked to a switch over a 1GBit ethernet and runs on a
3GHz P4 with
1 GByte RAM and an adequate harddisk configuration, serving serveral TS
files to
whomever comes asking to see them.

Another thing I would like to do is this: From time to time or upon a
special request
 I would like to have my server (onDemandRTSPServer based) print out
(syslog) some
information regarding which clients are currently connected to it and
the status of their
RTSP session (PLAY, PAUSED, ...)
Where/how can I most easily collect this information?

Thanks,
Helmut