[Live-devel] Signals

ECU Laboratories eculabs at gmx.net
Thu May 4 01:54:54 PDT 2006

The problem also reproduces with the original testOnDemandRTSPServer.
(Taken from the latest release 2006.03.17)
I merely introduced a signal handler into it -> find the source attached.
Again, I'm on Linux ( RedHad 9).
I play back the TS (irobot.ts) and then send the server an SIGUSR1 using
kill -SIGUSR1 <testOnDemandRTSPServer PID>
The movie freezes.
I wonder why nobody else came acros this problem, as it is common to
use signals in servers to control whatever aspects from outside (for examp.
have the server reread its config) without having to stop / restart.

Yes, im aware i have the sources but i find it more efficient to first ask
someone who might know before start digging around in the code.

Regards,
Helmut