[Live-devel] adaptive streaming

Jason L. Ellison infotek at datasync.com
Sun May 7 03:22:44 PDT 2006

Ross,

  I'm currently trying to feed livecaster using a fifo in linux.  After a
few hours the audio latency begins to increase.  I can resolve this by
cat'ing the data from the fifo to /dev/null.  It seems data is building up
in the fifo.  I'm guessing that this is because of the way livecaster gets
the data in blocks at a set frequecy?

  Is there any thing i could modify on the generating progams config to
help this?  like the size of chunks being sent to the fifo maybe?

  Can I get the source to live caster if I buy a license?

  I'm also experimenting with testMP3Stream program.

-Jason Ellison