[Live-devel] a basic question about build the code on windows

Prabhu Rangarajan prabhur at CLEMSON.EDU
Sun May 7 22:41:56 PDT 2006

> My question is that : What software should install before I run the
> "genWindowsMakefiles.cmd"

You need to get into DOS prompt and CD to the live folder. Then run the
command:
genWindowsMakefiles.cmd
to generate the files

> I have already installed the Visul Studio and Borland C++ Builder , but I
> don't know which
> directory I should use to replace the old one "c:\Program
> Files\DevStudio\Vc".

Which version of Visual Studio is it? For VC++ 6.0 it is
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98

In short, the above path is the folder that contains the Lib and Bin
folders of Visual Studio.