[Live-devel] MPEG problem

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu May 11 13:15:37 PDT 2006

>I'm trying to create the same mpeg1 or 2 video file for the
>testOnDemandRTSPServer in various bit rates so that I can implement
>an adaptive
>streaming. The problem is that although i have used some "avi to mpeg"
>converters, the server seems not to be able to stream the file.

Is your file a MPEG Video Elementary Stream, or a MPEG Program
Stream?  If it's a MPEG Video Elementary Stream, then you must give
it the name "testv.mpg" in order for "testOnDemandRTSPServer" to
stream it.  If it is a MPEG Program Stream, then you must give it the
name "test.mpg" in order for "testOnDemandRTSPServer" to stream it.

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>