[Live-devel] How to dectect the client is still alive oe not ?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed May 17 15:36:09 PDT 2006

At 10:17 PM 2/26/2006, you wrote:
>I see the previous mail-list, the "reclamationTestSecond" has some
>restrictions.  For example, I use the testOnDemandRTSPServer.cpp and
>set "reuseFirstSource" is 'TRUE', "reclamationTestSecond" is
>'45'sec.  Then the connection is closed after '45'sec, even if the
>Server have got the RTCP reports from receivers.  So, I can't use
>the "reclamationTestSecond" feature for multicast streams, or for
>unicast on demand streams where "reuseFirstSource" is set to True.  Is right ?

FYI, in the latest release (2006.05.17) of the "LIVE555 Streaming
Media" code, you can now use the "reclamationTestSeconds" feature for
unicast on-demand streams, even if "reuseFirstSource" is set to True.

Also, "RTSPServer" - by default - now has a "reclamationTestSeconds"
parameter of 45, which means that - by default - all unicast RTSP/RTP
streams will be timed out if no client activity (either RTSP commands
or RTCP "RR" packets) is seen in 45 seconds.

(Note that reclamation is currently *not* applied to multicast
streams, regardless of the value of "reclamationTestSeconds".  Unlike
unicast streams, mutlicast streams keep running, even after a client
leaves the session.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>