[Live-devel] livemedia and ffmpeg

Oussama Layaida Oussama.Layaida at inrialpes.fr
Thu May 18 06:02:20 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

I have question about how to integrate ffmpeg with Livemedia in a video
streaming applications. I have successfully
compiled Livemedia libs for Windows CE and XP ; and test programs seem
to be working well (streams have been
sinked to the file system and played later).
I tried to use both Livemedia and ffmpeg together; to do so I have
written a new Sink (FFMPEGDecoderSink) that
(should) receives an encoded frame, decode and render Image into GUI.
For test, I used the MPEG1ou2VideoRTPSource and
I created a stream-based MPEG decoder from ffmpeg inside my Sink. My
decoder render only black images, It seems that
the bitstream returned from the MPEG1 Source is not correct.

How this source object works ?

Did someone tried to do the same!? if yes, how should I process data
buffers to get my decoder working ?

thanks in advance

Ouss