[Live-devel] New format support

Peter von Kaenel pvonkaenel at pvi.tv
Thu May 25 05:26:20 PDT 2006

I would like to add support for another file type that contains a video
steam (no audio) and ancillary data.  The streams are contained in an
AVI file (the fourc is UYVY - uncompressed).  What are the basic
requirements for adding such support (I've already seen in the archives
of this mailing list that AVI is not supported, and it sounds like it
won't be).  I'm not worried about being able to stream in real-time,
just being able to send the frames via RTSP.

>From the existing format support files I see references to streams,
sinks, media subsessions, and media framer.  What do these terms mean,
and which ones will I need to implement for simple AVI support?

Thanks for the help,

-----

Peter A. von Kaenel

Director of System Software