[Live-devel] RTP book

Matthew Hodgson matthew at mxtelecom.com
Tue May 30 09:41:25 PDT 2006

Jason L. Ellison wrote:
> List,
>
>  TITLE: RTP: Audio and Video for the Internet
> AUTHOR: Colin Perkins
>   ISBN: 0672322498
>
> Anyone read this? Is it good?

I have it on my desk in front of me - it's a refreshing alternative to the
terseness of the RFCs, and the more detailed and illustrated treatments of
timestamp synchronisation is very useful.  The historical background and
bigger picture's interesting too - as is the detail on the various jitter
buffering algorithms and such.  I thought it was worth buying, at any rate.

M.