[Live-devel] can't decode file that is received by opentrsp

Gunar Riwanda riwanda at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 00:11:53 PST 2006

>No, that won't work.

>To create an output file in "AVI" format, you must use the "-i"
>option.  See <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#quicktime>.
>
>Note also that the "-i" option causes "openRTSP" to output to
>'stdout'.  (If 'stdout' means nothing to you, then you should not be
>using "openRTSP" :-)

Yes, i have also tried the "-i" option. And i change the output from "stdout" to an output file (named "received.avi").
But this "received.avi" file can't be played by any player even VLC.

without "-i" option, and adding extension manually  from "video-MP4V-ES-1" to "video-MP4V-ES-1.avi", it works. I can play it using any kind of player.

>This is because it contains raw elementary stream data only.

is there any way to stream the whole properties of the video file too?

My whole plan is actually to pipe the received frame from the openRTSP to the ffmpeg decoder directly without any output file from openrtsp
I'd really apreciate any hint to my plan.

thank you for the reply.

Regards,
Gunar