[Live-devel] How to encode and stream from a raw RGB data source?

Shaswata Jash shaswata at alumnux.com
Sun Nov 5 23:04:07 PST 2006

Hi Wisem,

Indeed this is possible using live library.
You have to encode your raw RGB frames to MPEG4 (ISO) video using some third party encoding library (e.g. open source ffmpeg). Then these encoded frames have to be fed to live library. To know about how to use these encoded frames in live, you could check out my replies to a topic named "Problem trying to use libavcodec and live555" in live mailing list.
Also, i think there should not be any problem regarding resolution in ISO-MPEG4.

With regards,
Shaswata Jash
Alumnus Software Ltd.
Infinity, Tower II, 2nd Floor
Plot A3, Block GP, Sector - V,
Salt Lake City, Kolkata - 700 091, India
Phone: (+91 33) 2357 5626/5627/5628
www.alumnux.com