[Live-devel] Problems with receiving reports on sender side

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Nov 14 10:19:17 PST 2006

>I have the following Problem:
>If I access the the transmissionStatsDB on the sender side, I only get 0
>for Jitter and so on. However, on the receiver side the access to the
>receptionStatsDB works fine.

[...]

>  Might this problem somehow
>be related to unicast or multicast streaming?

Without knowing more about your application, it's difficult to say.
Note that if you run one of the demo server applications (e.g.,
"testOnDemandRTSPServer" or "test*Streamer"), it should be receiving
RTCP "Reception Report" (RR) packets from clients (and thus updating
stats) just fine.  So you may wish to use these as a starting point.