[Live-devel] RTSP Redirect

Guido Cicala nomelogin2 at yahoo.it
Wed Nov 29 06:33:53 PST 2006

Hi!
I am more  intrested to create an "RTSP proxy redirector" transparent to the client, by using live555 lib. This component will have to work in the following way:
1) The Client sends an RSTP request to the Proxy, e.g.: rtsp://<Proxy_IP_Address>:8890/Dragonslayer.ts
not knowing that <Proxy_IP_Address> is the Proxy IP Address but thinking that it is the media Server IP Address;
2) The Proxy receives the Client request, coming from <Client_IP_Address>, and redirects the request to the Media Server;
3) The Media Server responds to the client request sending the required audio/video streaming (in such case "Dragonslayer.ts").

To how much I have read on Internet, the step #2 could be executed in in two ways:
a) By using a REDIRECT request that redirects traffic for this URI to the new server at the given play time, e.g.: REDIRECT rtsp://example.com/fizzle/foo RTSP/
Is this possible by using live555 library? If yes, how can I realize it?
 b) By enhabling the flag RTSP_ALLOW_CLIENT_DESTINATION_SETTING in the liveMedia/RTSPServer.cpp file and changing RTSPClient's class behavior. How are these changes???

Thank you so much in advance for any help, tip and how much other!!!!
Guido

http://mail.yahoo.it