[Live-devel] RTSP Redirect

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Wed Nov 29 07:43:02 PST 2006

>2) The Proxy receives the Client request, coming from
><Client_IP_Address>, and redirects the request to the Media Server;

[...]

>To how much I have read on Internet, the step #2 could be executed
>in in two ways:
>a) By using a REDIRECT request that redirects traffic for this URI
>to the new server at the given play time, e.g.: REDIRECT
>rtsp://example.com/fizzle/foo RTSP/
>Is this possible by using live555 library?

No - and it would not do what you want anyway.  The RTSP "REDIRECT"
command (which we don't currently implement anyway) is used for a
server to tell a *client* that it should reconnect to a different
server.

The way to implement a proxy is to make it both a RTSP server
(accepting commands from the original client) and a RTSP client
(connecting to the back-end server, transparently to the original
client) - without any change in the way that the RTSP protocol is
used.