[Live-devel] Problem with FramedSource and TaskScheduler

Guillaume Schmid guillaume at maunakeatech.com
Wed Nov 29 08:01:36 PST 2006

Hello!

I just discovered live and I try to evaluate it to see if it could fit
my needs an I have a problem:

I have a process that generate MPEG1 frames in row buffer an put them
into a queue. I would like  to send them using the live library with
RTP.
I had a look at testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer source code and tried to adapt
it to my needs using also informations from the FAQ. I created a
FramedSource and re-implemented the 2 method doGetNextFrame and
deliverFrame. This method is really simple as it fills the data from the
frames in the list and set up the variables fFrameSize,
fNumTruncatedBytes fPresentationTime and fDurationInMicroseconds.

I re-used the code from testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer, so I have a
BasicUsageEnvironment and a BasicSheduler set up as in the example.

It seems that the BasicScheduler is periodically locked in the select
system call for a short delay and always return 0.
By looking into the code of the BasicTaskScheduler::SingleStep method, I
saw that the select withs for read event on some file descriptors.
I dont anderstant what those file desriptors are supposed to do.

If they are a way to wait for information on a source, my FramedSource
do not use a FD, so it cannot work.

Could someone enlighten me on this ?
do I have to provide a FD interface to my FramedSource to notify that a
new frame is ready ot something like that ?
Do I have ro implement an other kind of Scheduler ?
I am really confused on this and I have problem seeing the big picture
of all this.

Yours,
Guillaume.

--
Guillaume Schmid -  Software Development Supervisor
Mauna Kea Technologies - http://www.maunakeatech.com