[Live-devel] multiple-file support for on-demand-RTSPStreamer

Xiaoyuan Gu xiaogu at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Wed Nov 29 14:50:56 PST 2006

Hi,

I am working on a unicast streaming solution for wav/pcm audio files.
The streamer is supposed to read from multiple files, depending the
requested files by the clients.

The features that I plan to have are as follows:

The RTSP Server should be able to create severmediasession with multiple
mediasubsessions (each corresponding to a wav file), e.g using a playlist.
The RTSP Server should be able to announce whatever media it has, e.g.
all the wav files exist.
The RTSP clients (e.g. quicktime player, vlc) should be able to stream
whatever wav files the RTSP server has, independent of whether the
server announces them or not.

However, I have always got the Disconnected 404  file not found error,
even if the file actually physically exist at the server. Does anybody
have a hint on what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Xiaoyuan Gu