[Live-devel] multiple-file support for on-demand-RTSPStreamer

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Nov 30 05:18:43 PST 2006

>My concern is: can these requests on different media (clips) be handled
>by the same server instance? Not requests on the same clip - I know this
>works, no doubt.
>
>By experience is unfortunately not so successful so far..

Then you must not be setting up the
"ServerMediaSession"/"ServerMediaSubsession" objects in your
"RTSPServer" correctly.  Concurrent handling of multiple requests (to
the same, or different) media file should work just fine.

Another thing you can do is run the new "live555MediaServer"
application (which is built in the "mediaServer" subdirectory).  This
is a complete RTSP server application that will stream (concurrently,
if requested) any media file (with an appropriate name suffix) that's
located in the current directory.