[Live-devel] redirecting a mpeg4 rtsp stream

Levente Kovacs lkovacs at xperts.hu
Tue Oct 3 02:32:37 PDT 2006

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 01:47:39 +0200 (CEST)
Paolo Prete <p4olo_prete at yahoo.it> wrote:

> I have an IP cam whith an embedded mpeg4 rtsp
> streaming server;
> unfortunately, the max number of allowed clients is
> small.
> In order to solve this limit, I would like to create a
> new simple streaming server, on my machine, which only
> redirectes the ip-cam's stream.
>
> Is there a support, or sample codes for this operation
> in an easy way, or should I do it using the OpenRTSP
> (--->RTSPClient) and/or testMPEG4VideoStreamer
> programs as a base for my purpose (but it wouldn't be
> trivia

As far as I know, if you use multicast streaming, and a multicast router, the number of clients is only limited by network bitrate. If I am wrong, what I'd do is to write scripts and set up a NAT wich converts the unicast IP address to multicast address on a router.

Just my HUF 1.

Levente