[Live-devel] How can I inject a stream to a remote darwin?

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 10 23:33:25 PDT 2006

>Dear all:
>
>	I am using testMpeg4VideoToDarwin for injecting test.m4v to a
>remote Darwin Server.
>
>	I type ./testMpeg4ViedoToDarwin ServerAddress, but there is a error:
>
>	injector->setDestination() failed: cannot handle ANNOUNCE
>response: RTSP/1.0 401 Unauthorized
>
>	I think it is because I didn't announce the userName and
>password of the remote server machine, so, how can I
>
>add them? I have read the code of testMpeg4VideoToDarwin.cpp, but
>there are no hint:(

As noted in "liveMedia/include/DarwinInjector.hh":

      Note: You must have 'write' permission on the Darwin Streaming Server.
        This can be set up using a "qtaccess" file in the server's 'movies'
        directory.  For example, the following "qtaccess" file allows anyone to
        play streams from the server, but allows only valid users to
        inject streams *into* the server:
            <Limit WRITE>
            require valid-user
            </Limit>
            require any-user
      Use the "remoteUserName" and "remotePassword" parameters to
      "setDestination()", as appropriate.