[Live-devel] Problem with socket buffer or not ?

balr0g at poczta.onet.pl balr0g at poczta.onet.pl
Wed Oct 18 14:23:12 PDT 2006

Hello!
  I'm trying to create simple rtsp client uisng LIVE555. I have some problem with buffer socket, witch seems to be comsumed by somethig. I receive frames (consisting of hundrets of packets, because of uncompressed video), using getNextFrame function. I looks like that:

while(1)
{
    event = 0;
    readSource->getNextFrame( buffer, buffer_size, StreamRead, state, StreamClose, state);
    env->taskScheduler().doEventLoop(&(event));
}
static void StreamRead(void *data, unsigned int i_size,
                        unsigned int i_truncated_bytes, struct timeval pts,
                        unsigned int duration)
{
    env << i_size;
    event = 0xff;
}
And after few first recived frames, i'm receiving only one packet. Output looks like that:
144000
144000
144000
300
300
.. and so on

The sum of 3 first packet is less than socket buffer, witch is set using increaseReceiveBufferTo function. Setting high value can help only for few minutes. Mayby socket is collecting packets?