[Live-devel] Linux / Input buffers

Juan Manuel Lopez Baio jmbaio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 05:16:26 PDT 2006

On 10/22/06, Jerry Johns <jerry.johns at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>         I'm trying to integrate the livemedia framework into a project of
> mine, compiling it for linux; can i create a pthread and run the framework
> on that? how would that function with respect to the doEvent loop for the
> task scheduler?

According to the FAQ, LM is not thread-safe, so all api-calls should
be made from the same thread. Be that as it may, you can integrate it
with a threaded framework applying the correct sync mechanisms and
sharing data structures to notify state-changes.
What I did was create a task to check this data structures and give it
to livemedia to run in the doEventLoop(), which I called from its own
thread.
It appears to work fine.