[Live-devel] H264 Framer

Jerry Johns jerry.johns at gmail.com
Sun Oct 22 09:02:36 PDT 2006

As a follow up to my previous post, i'm having some dilemmas here:

As a basis to create my H264StreamFramer class, i'm looking at several other
code samples to figure out how to do this:
i note that the existing H264VideoStreamFramer class inherits FramedFilter

i'm looking at AC3AudioStreamFramer, and AMRAudioFileSource as my two
examples

now the AC3 one defines a StreamParser, and uses that as its way to access
the file source using test4bytes, etc
while AMR does freads on its own StreamFramer class

my idea was to do it like the AMR for now, (stream H264 from a file, process
it, copy it to fTo, and call afterGetting)

but later on, i have to integrate this with my linux application (multi
threaded), which will encode video to h264 and pass it to this in a shared
buffer

will the filesource approach hamper me later on? or should i use
streamparser

(forgive me if these questions sound really lame...i'm just starting up
here...)

Jerry