[Live-devel] can't decode file that is received by opentrsp

Gunar Riwanda riwanda at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 31 07:39:39 PST 2006

hallo,

I tried to receive a file using openrtsp(named test.avi) which was sent using testmpeg4videostreamer.
I set the end time -e to 5 seconds (which the exact play time of test.avi).

i added an extension the outputfile video-MP4V-ES-1 to video-MP4V-ES-1.avi

 i tried to decode the output file video-MP4V-ES-1.avi using ffmpeg library. but it didn't work. in other words, i can't decode it.

Does anybody know why?

thanks in advance,
Gunar

ps: i also notice that there is no summary properties available for video-MP4V-ES-1.avi nor video-MP4V-ES-1 (right click->properties->summary). It means also that the received file doesn't know its own data(framepersecond, height, width). Could it be the reason why i couldn't decode it (since my decoder needs those data.) ?