[Live-devel] can't decode file that is received by opentrsp

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Tue Oct 31 07:52:32 PST 2006

>I tried to receive a file using openrtsp(named test.avi) which was
>sent using testmpeg4videostreamer.
>I set the end time -e to 5 seconds (which the exact play time of test.avi).
>
>i added an extension the outputfile video-MP4V-ES-1 to video-MP4V-ES-1.avi

No, that won't work.

To create an output file in "AVI" format, you must use the "-i"
option.  See <http://www.live555.com/openRTSP/#quicktime>.

Note also that the "-i" option causes "openRTSP" to output to
'stdout'.  (If 'stdout' means nothing to you, then you should not be
using "openRTSP" :-)

>ps: i also notice that there is no summary properties available for
>video-MP4V-ES-1.avi nor video-MP4V-ES-1 (right
>click->properties->summary).

This is because it contains raw elementary stream data only.