[Live-devel] real servers

Ishan Vaishnavi ishan73 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 4 06:42:10 PDT 2006

Hello all,

I can see from the live page that live doesnot support
real servers, beacause real servers use RDT for
transport . However unintentionally I did stream a mp3
file from an open source real server and it worked.

I just wanted to know what is the clear stand on this.
Is it that live may work with real servers if I am
lucky or is it that it works for certain file types
but has issues with others? In the latter case do we a
table which shows clearly with what formats it works
and what formats don't ?

Cheers
Ishan