[Live-devel] Capturing H.264 content with openRTSP

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Thu Sep 7 10:45:46 PDT 2006

>Do I need to write a H264FileSink class to reinsert the byte stream format
>prefix as described in annex B of ISO 14496-10 and use this class in
>playCommon.cpp

Yes, that would work.  (Note how we already do something similar for
incoming AMR audio frames; search for "AMRAudioFileSink" in
"playCommon.cpp".

>  or is our DeviceSource class doing something incorrectly?

No, your "DeviceSource" is correct by not including the "0 0 0 1"
prefix.  That is not supposed to be part of the NAL unit data that
gets sent in outgoing RTP packets.

>Ideally, we would like to capture the media in a QuickTime container file,
>but the QuickTimeFileSink does not currently support H.264 content.  What
>would I need to do to QuickTimeFileSink so that QuickTime would be able to
>play the container file correctly?

Update the implementation of "QuickTimeFileSink" to support H.264
content :-)  (If you want to try doing this, look for "h263" and
"mp4v" for examples of how it already supports H.263 and (regular)
MPEG-4 video.)