[Live-devel] secure RTP (SRTP)

Shawn Baker shawn.baker at librestream.com
Thu Sep 7 12:43:18 PDT 2006

Has anybody looked into adding support for SRTP (secure RTP)? If so,
what approach were you going to take? We were thinking that we'd try to
integrate the libsrtp code into live, but any advice you could give us
would be appreciated.

Just so you know, we are currently using the live code in a custom video
camera that streams its video over a wireless connection to a desktop
application. Everything is still being developed, but we do have
prototype cameras and we are successfully streaming. We would now like
to secure that stream using SRTP.

---

Shawn Baker

Senior Software Developer