[Live-devel] When using testOnDemandRTSPServer to stream the same stream concurrently, a segmentation fault occurs

Juan Manuel Lopez Baio jmbaio at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 04:58:43 PDT 2006

On 9/8/06, Ross Finlayson <finlayson at live555.com> wrote:
> >        I have changed the variable Boolean reuseFirstSource = True.
> >the first opened player
> >
> >can play the stream quite well, but after I opened a player on
> >another machine to play the
> >
> >same video(mpeg1 es video), at start it can play and then a
> >segmentation fault occurs.
> >
> >Finally the server was killed.
> >
> >       Is it a bug?
>
> Possibly, but unfortunately I have not been able to reproduce this
> problem myself.
>
> Does the problem happen only when you set "reuseFirstSource" to True,
> or does it also occur when "reuseFirstSource" is False?  Also, does
> the problem happen with several different MPEG-1 ES video files
> (named "testv.mpg"), or only with one such file?
> --

I had the same problem. I was testing two .mpg videos, and with one of
them, if reuseFirstSource was true, it happened than when I connected
to the stream with VLC, and then I connected from another VLC,  the
video "synchronized" (it didn't start from the begining) with the one
already playing, and when they both got to the end, the server
exploded with a seg fault.
The problem went away when I set reuseFirstSource to false, and the
video now also plays independantly.