[Live-devel] When using testOnDemandRTSPServer to stream the same stream concurrently, a segmentation fault occurs

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 8 05:52:33 PDT 2006

>I had the same problem. I was testing two .mpg videos, and with one of
>them, if reuseFirstSource was true, it happened than when I connected
>to the stream with VLC, and then I connected from another VLC,  the
>video "synchronized" (it didn't start from the begining) with the one
>already playing

Yes - that is exactly what setting "reuseFirstSource" to True is
supposed to do.  ("reuseFirstSource" means that the input source is
opened and read just once, regardless of how many clients are
currently connected to play the stream.  That's why you are supposed
to set "reuseFirstSource" to True when you're streaming from a live
source.)

>, and when they both got to the end, the server
>exploded with a seg fault.

However, *that* is not supposed to happen :-)

Thanks for the report.  I'll take another look at this, to see if I
can reproduce the problem.