[Live-devel] temporal reference and Picture types for TS streams

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Fri Sep 8 05:44:26 PDT 2006

>he solution is that the client can parse the packets to get these values.
>We can do this in the processSpecialHeader() function.

No, you should process the received Transport Stream data in the
'sink' object that receives it.

"processSpecialHeader" is used - by "RTPSource" subclasses - to
process any special RTP-payload-format-specific header that's present
in the RTP packet.  But, for MPEG Transport Streams, there's *no*
special header.  I.e., you shouldn't modify any of the RTP-specific
code.  Instead, write a new sink object (or a filter) to process the
received Transport Stream data.